Message to Ops Stories members:
(Sent on 19th August, 2022)
Dear Ops Stories community,
Hopefully, this announcement shouldn’t come as a surprise to you, but… we’re officially joining forces with COOhort and COO Stories to become one big happy family called Operations Nation!
Where did this come from?
As many of you know, Astrid and Aušrinė started Ops Stories in 2018 to create a space where ops folks could support each other by discussing challenges and sharing stories, experiences, and advice - and most importantly, to help each other be more effective and grow in our roles. Since then, Ops Stories has been your space to share experience and advice, ask/answer questions, grow professionally and expand your network online and offline.
The people in this community have wildly surpassed all dreams and expectations our co-founders had at the start of our journey - it’s truly a privilege to be leading and managing a community full of so many passionate, ambitious, inspiring, hardworking, creative individuals. Every day, you make us want to be better, you make us want to work harder to give more and more value to the community, and we feel super lucky to have you.
There’s still lots to be done… And that’s why, in 2020, Aušrinė and Astrid decided to work together with Charlene Chen, the founder of COOhort, to create Operations Nation. Together, we can take our communities to the next level and make sure that our efforts create the most value for you.
What is Operations Nation?
Operations Nation is a community-powered content hub designed to create and curate a knowledge base filled with ops-specific content, tools, resources, and workshops to help operations professionals not only survive but thrive, at every stage of their ops career. Although our goal is not profit maximisation, we are legally structured as a Limited Company so that we can generate the revenues necessary to manage our community, organise impactful events, and distribute valuable content globally.
What isn’t changing?
- Membership in the community will remain free.
- You will continue to get invited to all of Operations Nation’s community events and public events.
- We will continue to host private community events - some familiar, and some new!
- We will continue to run Mentor Stories 3 times a year, so you will still have the opportunity to be a Mentor and/or Mentee.
- You will continue to get access to discounts on ops-related and non-ops-related software, services, and goodies through the ON Community and Content Partners, and the #mates-rates offered by our amazingly generous members.
- COO Stories will continue to run as a separate sub-community within Operations Nation and will continue to require inbound referral to its co-founders Kelsey Traher and Ben Gateley. So the most senior operations leaders within their companies can have a safe space to discuss more sensitive topics, this sub-community is for members who are:
- Based in London
- In a full time Ops leadership role and is the most senior ops person in their business
- At a tech company (usually VC backed), or a company that is tech-enabled and innovative in its space
- At a company with over 15 members
- Connected to at least one member of COO Stories - meaning that this member really knows you and is willing to bring you into the community with their recommendation
What is changing?
- Ops Stories Slack workspace is now called on ON Community. You’ll notice a new logo too!
- We will be closing the Ops Stories website, and moving over to the Operations Nation website. The public content will keep living there - but for the community-exclusive content, we’re launching a community platform on Luma, coming soon in September, with a bunch of fun features that we hope you will really enjoy.
What do you need to do?
- The Ops Stories newsletter has become the Operations Nation newsletter, so sign up here to receive interesting content from the world of startup and scaleup operations on a monthly basis!
- And most importantly: tell us what you think! If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or ideas, please don’t hesitate to email (we’re at email@example.com), comment, or DM!